Please see the following information regarding our upcoming spring curbside pickup.
Dates and Policies:
- Spring Curbside Pickup begins May 8th.
- Clean-up is for residents that live within Comstock Township’s limits only.
- All items must be put out on May 6th or May 7th. Any items not put out by then will not be picked up.
- We hope pickup will be completed within 2 weeks, but pickup will go until crews have reached each street once.
- Crews WILL NOT return to areas for items placed after specified dates listed.
The following items are accepted:
- Household doors and windows, furniture, carpeting, toys, miscellaneous rubbish/junk, and packaging
- Limit 4 cubic yards
- Glass should be in a cardboard box or other sturdy container and taped shut
- Mattresses/Box Springs MUST be wrapped in plastic
- Nothing will be accepted that 2 people cannot safely pick up and place into a truck
- No plastic bags
- Loose items must be in boxes
The following items will NOT be accepted:
- Hot Tubs
- Boats that have been cut up
- Concrete, Blocks, Bricks
- Freon appliances such as refrigerators
- Freezers and dehumidifiers
- Electronics including computers, printers, monitors, and accessories
- Auto parts or engines
- Florescent light bulbs
- Chemicals, paints, solvents, pesticides, herbicides
- Other household hazardous waste
- Iron or steel or cast-iron bathtubs
- Stumps, yard debris, brush
- Medical waste
- Oil, Gasolines or antifreeze
Consumers Concrete and the Kalamazoo County Hazardous Waste Center can handle disposal of some of these items. Contact them for more of that information.