In light of everything that has been in the media, we just want to make you aware of some important dates and bits of information.
- Absentee ballot applications will be going out this week to those on our permanent list who have not already submitted an application for the November election.
- Ballots will begin going out the first week of October to those who have submitted a signed application for the November election.
- By law, we cannot mail a ballot to a voter until we have received an application for the upcoming election with the voter’s signature. That signature must match the voter’s signature that is on file.
- It has been taking 7-10 days for a ballot to arrive via the postal system. Please keep this in mind if you plan on returning your ballot in the mail. Ballots must be received no later than 8:00 pm the night of the election in order to be tabulated.
- Per election law, voted ballots may only be returned by the voter, a member of the voter’s family or someone residing at the voter’s residence. The only exceptions to this are election officials and mail carriers.
- For your convenience, a drop box is located at the township hall (6138 King Highway – same building as the library). The drop box is located next to the flag pole and is handicap accessible. It is also under video surveillance for added security. Ballot applications and ballots may be placed in the drop box at any time.
Track the status of your ballot application and ballot:
You can track the status of your ballot application and ballot by going to the Michigan Voter Information Center (https://mvic.sos.state.mi.us/Voter/Index). You will be prompted to enter your first name, last name, birth month, birth year and zip code. Click the Search by name button, and your information will appear.
In the upper right of the screen, you will see the absentee ballot information (application received, ballot sent and ballot received dates).
If you have additional questions, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (269) 381-2360.